Monday, June 22, 2009

The Tribe has Spoken

The result of the poll for whether my blog should have theme music is 6 for and 4 against. However, in reading the comments, most of those that voted for theme music also said that they would pause the theme music, thus I took that as a "it might bother me, but I don't want to tell you how to run your blog." So I'm discontinuing it for now, but might bring back the music at a later date and time if I go through blog music withdrawals.

I did find the next new thing in web-site advertising - pay per play online audio ads. Everyone should stop and say Ooooh! That's right, if the Adsense, Infolinks, Kontera, and Widgetbucks ads don't drive you up a wall, the pay per play audio ads will finish you off. Take a look at these. Audio ads play for 5 seconds automatically when someone visits a web-site and then every 3 minutes thereafter. Ooooh! So not only can I inundate you with ads all over my blog, I can make you listen to them too! And for each audio ad you hear, I get paid a few pennies! No clicking involved!

I've run into a problem though; Scoonie says she will never look at or read my blog again if I add the audio ads; something about her volume on her computer being set to blaring and didn't want to make all the hair on her head stand on end. Oh well, since I don't want to alienate my loyal readership, I guess I will keep looking for the next big thing.

2 comments:

Le said...

Yeah that Scoonie girl can be kinda mean sometimes. Trust me I know. I shared a bedroom with her for longer than you have. I am pretty sure it was longer although we are probably close to tied now...

Karen Valinda said...

the music was freezing Tiney's computer so I have been suffering withdrawals! ! ! Of course I am at Aunt Sandy's and I have no idea if it would have bothered hers - just glad to be able to read your thought provoking posts ;-Þ
xoxoxox