Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!

I hope all had a great fourth of July! We started early by going to a parade this morning out in Boulder City. They had a unique ending to the parade with a water entry section - the entries in that section would squirt water into the crowd and the crowd had squirt guns shooting back! There was one point where Fred, Jr, and George were chasing a lady handing out popsicles! The kids loved the parade and scored big on candy and parade paraphernalia!

We then went to one of their friends houses and they swam for what seemed like 10 hours. George talked me into diving in and toting her around from end to end of the pool! Mid-way through the swim-fest we had a break for barbeque and later we had fireworks. Let's just say that our friends brought a bunch of stuff from our neighbors in Moapa - they all loved the fireworks - except for the loud ones!

Happy fourth!

2 comments:

Le said...

It's nice that your neighbors have friends. Hopefully your neighbors weren't being loud all night. It was insanely noisy here til 11pm when I got off work. (Fireworks are legal). I stopped at Walmart on the way home and when I left the store 45 min later the sound was gone but the fireworks smoke in the area was dense enough to seem like light fog.

Karen Valinda said...

I love your sidebar labeled "my sponsors". Because when I open your blog they are all for Boise... to include the info that gas is 2.63 at the Costco by the Temple and that tomorrow and the next day are going to be even cooler than today! I WILL be able to finish mowing the HUGE back yard we have now!!! After moving in 90+ weather for all of last week ~ today's high in the mid 80's is a dream...(I only got half the back done today.)
I will be sure to tell Brent about your Stephen Hawking post. Our friends brought their fireworks over to our house and we and the 2nd neighbors on the right (west) enjoyed each others choices... except when JE launched one with his wrist rocket and it landed in the center of their yard. I kept telling him to shoot to the east... lots of empty street that direction ;-Þ
xoxox