Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Water4Gas and other fairytales...

As most of you know, I bought a Mazda Miata a while back with the intent to tinker around with it. I've done several projects like change the drive belt, replace all four brakes, clean the window channels, change the oil, and change the rear struts. Meanwhile I looked for other things I could do to improve my car (the ultimate improvement will be turning my car into a Monster; but that's not what I'm getting at with this blog.) The purpose of this blog is to make anyone who reads it aware that Water4Gas is a total scam. As I said previously, I was looking for projects to improve my car and I came across Water4Gas. Water4Gas and all similar HHO/Water for Fuel programs are scams. These sites claim that you can improve your car fuel efficiency by adding a water powered hydrogen generator.

Well, in doing my due diligence on these products, I came across a site debunking them (here's the debunking site). What I found is that all of the HHO/Water4Gas products tinker with the oxygen sensor that tells the engine how much gas to use - basically running your car on a very lean amount of gas. Yes, you will be able to go further on a tank of gas, but it's not because you are running your car on water, it is because you are cutting back your car's fuel intake. So what are the side-affects of this practice? According to the debunking site, "you run a very real risk of burning your exhaust valves or suffering from pre-ignition (detonation). This may not happen immediately but before too long you'll find your engine loses compression on one or more cylinders and will need a complete overhaul."

In addition to the information I found on the internet, I spoke with one of my friends who happens to train mechanics for a living. He told me that it is only common sense that these products are scams. Think about it, if the major car company's could gain a competitive advantage over the other car companies by using a device such as those promoted on the HHO scamming sites, wouldn't they do it?

1 comment:

Le said...

Your reasoning only makes sense to people who don't know about the conspiracies to keep our country addicted to oil...