Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's Time to Weed...

My wife told me it was time to weed...something about a tumbleweed growing in our backyard - I don't understand - don't we want to make our yard inviting to prairie creatures? Besides, this weed isn't that big is it? (That thing cutting off the upper left corner of the picture is part of my arm)


I finally made it down to Wal-Mart to get string for my weed eater so I could clean up around the front yard too. Here's the before picture of around our tree:


And here's the after picture:

So now that I've made our front and back yards uninhabitable for prairie creatures, it's time for me to go get my ears lowered - something about me looking like one of the original Beatles...

2 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

but your accent is far easier to understand than the Beatles' ;-}
Poor prairie creatures will have to find refuge elsewhere... Ddonn must have missed that part of the family reunion (the class on inviting prairie creatures to share our environment)
Front yard looks really nice!

Le said...

Your wife is crazy! A the Beatles had great hair and B I heard this segment on NPR where this lady made a tumbleweed farm website for a project and before she could take it down someone ordered a tumbleweed from her. So she kept it up and lots of people have ordered from her including NASA for their tumbleweed rover..... Here is the website. http://www.prairietumbleweedfarm.com/